StratSketch v4 In Development
I would like to announce that I am working on a new version of StratSketch to be released later this year! Believe it or not I initially started this project back when I was in high school and I have learned a ton about software development since then. I am not sure if any users from back then are still around, but StratSketch used to be a desktop application for Windows PCs which was re-built into a web application in 2016. A lot has changed since then and it is certainly time for a revamp of StratSketch.
The new version will also be web-based but will be entirely re-written with modern technology and will include some highly requested features that the community has wanted over the years.
Here are some ideas I have for the next version:
- Some kind of clan integration allowing you to share strats with your entire clan
- More real-time tools. Meaning when drawing or moving items, everyone will see what you are doing in real-time rather than only updating the screen after your action is completed.
- Folders! We need a way to organize strats better.
- Better slides feature, possibly show previews of each slide and allow them to all have different maps.
- More games (including ability to upload custom images as maps)
- Better performance during peak times. There have been some crashing issues during clan wars in the past. I will make sure to focus on proper scalability for the next version.
I do not have an ETA on when it will be ready yet, as this is still just a side project of mine as I work full time. I will try to publish monthly updates on our forum to keep everyone updated.
Lastly, any donations to StratSketch would be greatly appreciated to cover the existing hosting costs plus costs for the new version: Click here to donate